Salary: £24336 - £27986
P&E System’s was a long-established business which built a well-earned reputation over more than 30 years for designing and manufacturing high quality Control Panels for industrial use.
The friendly, family run business was acquired by the Magma Group in 2020 and has been going through a period of rapid growth and investment. Vacancies have arisen for Panel Wirers; these are full-time role. 37 hours per week (Monday to Thursday, 1pm finish Friday). Working within a safe, well organised, and clean environment you will work as part of a team following manufacturing and assembly procedures.
Applicants must have at least 3 consecutive years’ experience as a Control Panel Wirer and have an assortment of their own tools enabling them to carry out the key aspects of the role as detailed.
The key aspects of the role are as follows:
Wire preparation including –
- Cutting, Stripping, Crimping, wire identification using heat shrink markers.
- Terminal rail population including terminal identification markers.
- Drilling backplates with hand drills.
- Cable trunking preparation and mounting to backplates.
- Fitting components to backplates.
- Wiring components i.e., contactors, relays, MCB’s, Inverter drives, PLC, ETC. to schematic drawings.
- Fitting cable glands.
- Drilling and fitting screw down labels.
- Stripping down Rittal enclosures for paint.
- Building up Rittal enclosures after paint.
Must be able to work well in a team but also can work on your own.
Must have a good eye for detail and be able to work in a methodical manner.
Must be conscientious regarding build quality and maintain a high standard of work.
Must have a can-do attitude and be able to work to tight deadlines.
Must have good communication skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary contract
Contract length: 6 months
Salary: £12.00-£13.80 per hour