Salary: £30000 - £35000
Role:- Shift Assigned Maintenance Engineer
Hours:- 4 on 4 off, 2 x 6am-6pm, 2 x 6pm – 6am
Pay:- IRO £35K per Annum, Negotiable Depending on Experience
Benefits:- Onsite Parking, Pension
The person(s) appointed will support the Engineering Manager and Shift Skills Development Managers in the provision of round the clock response to both mechanical and electrical breakdown repair within the production areas as well as performing general planned preventative maintenance and ongoing project and development work. They will facilitate the best performance from all associated equipment and ensure that breakdowns are responded to and repaired in a safe and secure fashion to enable continuity of work.
Expectation of role: -
To have the knowledge, experience and logical work ethic to be able to diagnose a fault in any of the on- site equipment, and repair, replace or re-instate in a safe and professional manner, enabling the operation to continue. It is a 100% “hands on” role requiring a conscientious approach to repairing and maintaining the manufacturing process equipment and handing back over to production in a clean and safe state, ensuring that the environment around is also hazard free..
The ideal candidate:-
· Will have experience in a similar role
· Will ideally Be Qualified to HNC level
· Candidates that are Mechanically or Electrically Biased will be considered.
· Will be a team player with a can-do attitude.
Please note that We are also recruiting for other roles in Engineering and candidates with relevant qualifications and less experienced will be considered.
- Respond to electrical and mechanical breakdowns as expediently as possible
- Diagnose and make recommendations to existing and future manufacturing equipment and site facilities.
- Carry out regular and recorded equipment maintenance to ensure equipment is safe and reliable and operating within its accepted parameters
- Assist in any training required of other Maintenance Engineers in areas where own expedite or knowledge is greater.
- Help and advise Production Operatives in the ability to recognise machine failings in the early stages, enabling pre-breakdown response.
- Inform Management of any occurrence or foreseeable occurrence likely to cause a breakdown or reduction in process downtime.
- Ensure safe working practices at all times
- Guarantee compliance with all Company policies and procedures whilst maintaining a high standard of housekeeping
- Other duties as directed by line management.