Salary: £31122 - £35490
Job Title:– Shift Skills Development Manager
Pay:- £14.25 - £16.25/hour
Hours:- 4 on 4 off, 2x 6am-6pm, 2 x 6pm – 6am
Benefits:- Free onsite Parking, Pension up to 6%, Attendance Bonus
Magma Group is a specialist manufacturer and supplier of high-quality catalysts and technology, as well as absorbent materials for oil, gas and petrochemical industries across the world.
Over 40 years’ experience and competency-based experts has allowed Magma to develop a strong understanding of the catalyst industry.
Our aim is to continue discovering new and improved methods of production, through our ongoing investment in innovation and research and development.
Evolution of our private limited company has been rapid, and we continue to grow year on year. Innovation, flexibility, integrity and the health and safety of our workforce are core values for Magma Catalysts, and we have the accreditations to support them.
Reporting to the General Manager the Shift Skills Development Manager will Manage a team of 12 - 18 Manufacturing Operatives. With a recent investment of 4 million into the Dewsbury site this is very much a hands-on role, with 60% of time spent ensuring that all operatives are continuously trained to achieve the necessary skills related to the current, and future planned manufacturing processes.
Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Duties
· Lead, develop and manage a team of Manufacturing Operatives, Production and Quality Technicians in delivering on production targets through effective coaching and support.
· Responsible for all H&S of shift operatives on site, ensuring that correct PPE is worn and safety rules and upheld and adhered to.
· Identify and assess training and development requirements, skills and competencies for all shift operatives.
· Develop individual training plans and deliver training to upskill personnel.
· Ensure all operatives, production and quality control technicians understand the Company’s Policies and Procedures and that these are effectively implemented and adhered to
· Ensure that all the operational information in the Factory Master system is up to date and accurate, so key management information can be utilised.
· Working closely with other SSDM’s, to provide comprehensive handover notes on the current status of the plant and manufacturing, to ensure a smooth transition between shifts and continuous and efficient production being maintained.
· Provide accurate and timely management information of all operative’s activities throughout the day
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment is essential
- Previous leadership experience of managing, leading and developing a team
- Problem solving and effective decision making
- Numeracy, literacy and IT skills (spreadsheets, word processing etc.)
- Can do attitude
- Good time management
- Proactive and shows initiative
- Used to a changing environment and is effective in continuous improvement