Magma Fibre Shapes manufacture insulating pouring aids for all types of superalloy casting. A full range of sizes and types is available.
Hot tops for casting bar from 50mm to 400mm diameter. One-shot fibre crucibles for turbo-wheels, aero components and surgical implants.
Cover Trays are a convenient, re-usable method for heat retention. Magma Fibre Shapes cover trays are dimensionally accurate and treated for low inclusions.
Products for superalloy casting are available in bio-soluble fibres. Product properties can be enhanced with a comprehensive range of post- and in-process treatments.
- Low inclusion
- High strength
- Efficient insulation
- Bio-soluble fibre
- RCF and PCF alternatives
- Dependable performance
- Low thermal mass
- Technical innovation
- Physical properties can be augmented
- Use of refractory opacifiers to create thin wall products with enhanced insulation
- Reduces piping when used in hot top inserts
- Reduces energy consumption
- Surface and body strength can be modified