In addition to the Superalloy sector, Magma Ceramics' products are well regarded and widely used in other metal sectors ranging from Iron, Steel and Aluminium to Copper, Platinum, Titanium and other precious metals.
With their extensive material range and forming methods, Magma Ceramics can provide a comprehensive range of products specifically developed for use with both ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
- Well Blocks; made from high-purity, high-density materials that have been developed to have good thermal shock resistance, high strength and good resistance to corrosion and erosion
- Nozzles; Used in conjunction with Well Blocks and have good high-temperature strength and corrosion & erosion resistance
- Bottom Pour Ladle Liners; Designed with an integral slag-trap, these ladle liners are useful to obtain clean product in higher slag applications
- Crucibles; A wide range of cast and pressed crucibles for induction melting of a whole range of non-ferrous and precious metals including Aluminium, Copper, Gold, Silver, Platinum Group Metals (PGM) and Titanium. Our materials include, Fused Silica, Fireclay, Sillimanite, Alumina, Silicon Carbide, Magnesia, Zircon, PS-Zirconia and Pure Yttria
- Protective Liners; Silicon Carbide liners to protect graphitic crucibles from oxidation in low-oxygen copper melting applications
- Launders; For use in Aluminium or Copper applications to transport molten materials from furnace to mould. Cast in Fused Silica and Silicon Carbide for excellent thermal shock resistance and not-wetting properties
Crucibles & feeder-heads
Magma Ceramics has a wide range of products to offer the Precious Metals sector.
Fireclay Gold Cups, Alumina Feeder-heads, Zircon, Magnesia and Zirconia Crucibles for Platinum Group Metals; Pure Yttria Crucibles for Titanium melting.
Well Blocks, Nozzles, Ladles
Made from high-purity, high-density materials that have been developed to have good thermal shock resistance, high strength and good resistance to corrosion and erosion
Launders, Liners & Risers
Magma Ceramics offer products in Fused Silica and Silicon Carbide, particularly useful within the production of Aluminium and Copper as they are highly resistant to metal wetting and corrosion.
Products include Crucibles, Liners, Baffles, Launders, Riser Sleeves, Thermocouple protection sheaths
Ladle Shroud Gaskets
Available in an extensive range of chemistries including high temperature bio-soluble. Magma’s in-house tooling facility can accommodate all types of customer specified geometry.
Vacuum Formed Shapes
Available in an extensive range of chemistries including high temperature bio-soluble. Magma's in-house tooling facility can accommodate all types of customer specified geometry.